ProduceRun.com had the pleasure of helping Bass Farms, SiteGen Solar , a sister company of Paulson Electric and Tesla Motors to install a free Tesla destination car charger at their Mt. Vernon , Iowa Farm.
Tesla is rapidly expanding their destination chargers across America and the world, similar to what Henry Ford had to do when he invented the petrol car, he needed a network of gas stations to run the cars of course.
This is how we did it.
1. We simply applied on Tesla online application form , Click Here to apply.
You need to share the location why your business is the perfect location for the network.
Here is what we said.
Which of the following applies to your suggestion? * · Direct Access off A Major Highway· Free Wi-Fi· Restrooms Additional Comments
Bass Farms and retail store is located between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids on the Lincoln highway 30 opposite the popular Palisades-Kepler State ParkIt is estimated 15,000 vehicles travel this highway per day and their is a shortage of electric chargers in this area.
We believe having a supercharger at our farm would bring new customers to our retail store and we would like to learn more about been part of the Telsa charging system.
2. Tesla will get back to you within a week to talk to you about your location and send out these documents.
3. If you get chosen as a Tesla charging destination , you need to get a electricition quote in which Tesla will cover up to $1500 of the install (subject to change) and send the quote back to them for their revision.
Contact Experienced Tesla installers, SiteGenSolar for a quote at www.sitegensolar.com or call (319) 734-31204.
4. Once approved have your electrician ready as you will be sent a nicely packaged destination charger in the mail within 14 days.
5. Update Tesla that it is successfully installed and they will add you the destination charging map so Tesla car owners can find you when traveling, also you should add your charger to Plugshare charging map also.
Finally we did a media event to celebrate the first ever tesla charger in Eastern Iowa.
See press release
We had all major news networks in the Cedar Rapids area cover the media event, The Tesla charger is truly incredible moment for the eastern Iowa area and the Bass Family Farm.
Post installation, Bass Farms doesn’t charge the Tesla owners for charging their cars, It costs the business appox $1 and hour to charge their car and the 8 Tesla cars charged at the farm since the media event coming from Chicago, Cedar Rapids, Ames and Iowa City.
Tesla owners are very grateful to have such a service and usually support the business by spending everywhere from $17 to $80 on in store products.
If you have any further questions, please comment below or tweet us at @producerun.